Time again for another Shock and Awe post.
Quoting below from the free Amazing Simple Gita.
- When we want anything, our mind starts getting perturbed. Are we getting it? or Not? Our mind is disturbed and finds no peace.
- 4 important points for peace:
- Give up all desires that come to your mind.
- Also give up all attachments.
- Give up “I”…the feeling I did it, I was responsible etc.
- Give up ‘mine’. The possessions, the feeling of mine which separates you from ‘all’, i.e. the Lord
- A person attains actionlessness not by withdrawing from action, but by renouncing fruits of actions
What simple yet splendid takeaways!
An important point, is that all of the above are at the mind level. In the material physical world, we need to behave with common sense. Also, these are ‘destination’ verses, and not necessarily something we can perfect in just a short time.Leave a Comment