We all get stressed sometimes. It’s natural. And then we read up on how to reduce this stress. And nice books will tell you that you should not worry about the future. That you should only live in the present.
This is absolutely perfect advice of course. But how to follow this?
Here’s a method I came across. It’s called the 5-4-3-2-1 technique. And it is really simple. If followed properly, it can quickly yank us right back into the present. How to do this?
5. Acknowledge 5 things you can see around you.
4. Acknowledge 4 things that you can touch around you.
3. Acknowledge 3 things that you can hear around you.
2. Acknowledge 2 things that you can smell around you.
1. Acknowledge 1 thing that you can taste around you.
That’s all there is to the 5-4-3-2-1 technique, but it works, and your mind should be less stressed already!