A simple principle to follow could be one of inversion. Continuing on from yesterday’s post titled ‘Take more stress’, here are some examples of useful inversion.
The things we are stressed about, and (how to invert them):
- landing a better job, (enjoying our current job to the fullest)
- earning more money, (living in contentment)
- finding a good spouse / partner, (being a good spouse/partner/person)
- having a good family, (loving the family you have, and being a dependable family person)
- going on a quality vacation, (living every moment like it’s a vacation)
- being recognized in society, (working for society)
- working to fulfil our kids desires, even if they don’t reciprocate, (allowing the kids to live their own lives, and taking care of your loved ones with no expectations)
On doing these, we will perhaps come to realize what Gandhi ji said, that peace is not a destination, but a path. Moksha is no different, and as my Guru says, available here and now to one and all.