Jess Bezos, the world’s richest man, has 4 core strategies that he believes his company Amazon should live by, in order to remain successful.
- Obsess over the customer, rather than the competitor
- Be eager to invent, which goes hand in hand with failure
- Work towards operational excellence, and
- Think long-term
I couldn’t help but wonder how awesome these would be when applied to success in our lives too. Why should these only be useful to Amazon, or to any company? Here’s how we can repurpose these for measuring our own success.
- If we ourselves are the product, then obsess over the value we deliver to our family, friends, colleagues, employer
- Reinvent ourselves for the better, learn more, read more, and pick ourselves up from failure shamelessly
- Do all our work – personal or professional – with excellence as the only acceptable standard
- Choose long-term sustainable solutions over short-term band-aid fixes
Possible to implement these?