On a recent call with my Guru, as always, words of wisdom poured out.
Here are a few things he said, worth pondering over for me.
- If child cries, yes the parent can hold it. The eventual problem with that is each time the child will cry if it is not held.
- There were no glories for Krishna or Rama during their lives, apart from maybe Hanuman who looked upon them as Gods. Most of the rest of society couldn’t care less. They attained God status well after they were gone. This repeats every generation.
- Jalebis (an Indian sweet) cannot be analysed, otherwise it will lose its taste. It needs to be put into the mouth and relished. Don’t over analyse scriptures, rather start putting into practise/action.
- Many people promise to give to charity when something good happens in their lives, but very few follow through. Shows they are still attached to money and deluded by it.
- All great ideas come from the one same Divine source. Tap into it.
- Only when you truly forget yourself and your own selfish needs and truly love the other with no expectations, will the blessings of the Divine come.
So simple, yet so profound!