- She had worked really hard on her presentation. All of last week. Little sleep and plenty of sweat, and tears.
- Now it was ready. All external dependencies, and myriad coordinations, checked and resolved, approvals sought.
- Mail drafted, and ready to send. This would put her in the upper leagues. People would take notice.
- And then came the phone call. Some of her data points in chapter 3 were incorrect. Taken innocuously from a defunct source.
- The correction would take time. Maybe a couple of weeks if not more.
- Oh what a bummer. She felt like the world came crashing down.
- Irritated. Frustrated. She hated delays. She also hated going back to the drawing board.
- Then she realized. This was not a disaster, rather, she was saved from one.
- Imagine if her email with the wrong presentation and data had gone out. What a mess that would have been!
- It was just a week from annual appraisal day too. Her bonus could have been slashed, and promotion rescinded.
- Her frustration abated momentarily, and her gratitude for Divinity’s mysterious ways gushed to the fore.